Vladimir GAPONTSEV (born in 1985 in Volzhskiy, Russia) began playing classical guitar at the age of 11. In 1997 he became the winner of local guitar competition. In 2000 he became a student of Volgograd Municipal College of Arts. After graduating from college he entered Volgograd Municipal Institute of Arts named after P. A. Serebryakov (guitar class of S. Matokhin). Now Vladimir lives in Moscow and continues his postgraduate education in Kazan State Conservatoire (class of professor Vitaliy Kharisov).
Vladimir collaborates with:
- Volgograd Academic Symphonic Orchestra (conductors – E. Serov, V. Dashunin);
- Symphony Orchestra of Ulyanovsk;
- Concert Ensemble of VMIA (conducted by V. Venedictov);
- Symphony Orchestra of VMIA (conducted by Yuri Gilko);
- Volgograd Philharmonic Russian Folk Orchestra (G. Ivankova).
Vladimir Gapontsev won scholarships from the Administration of Volgograd Region (2002), Ministry of Culture of Russian Federation (2003), Federal Agency of Culture and Cinematography (“Young talents of Russia”, 2006).
Vladimir is a laureate of following competitions:
- Regional Competition in Kamyshin (II prize);
- V International competition of classical guitar performers in Belgorod (III prize);
- Guitar competition in Saratov (I prize);
- Music Colleges Students competition of South of Russia in Rostov-on-Don (II prize)
- International guitar competition «Tabula Rasa», Volgograd (Grand Prix of competition);
- VIII International competition of young musicians in Togliatti (II prize);
- VI International competition of classical guitar performers in Belgorod (III prize);
- I international competition of guitar art «Git As», Kiev, Ukraine (Diploma);
- International Festival and Competition Il de Re, France (II prize).
- International Guitar Competition Kiev, Ukraine (Diploma);
- I International competition «Guitar Gems», Netania, Israel. (III prize);
- VII International competition of classical guitar performers in Belgorod (II prize);
- International competition of chamber ensembles «Music without limits», Druskininkai, Litueva. (V prize).
- International competition «Guitar Gems», Netania, Israel. (I prize).
- III International guitar competition «Tabula Rasa», Volgograd (III prize)
- I National guitar competiton “Alexander Frauchi”, Nizhniy Novgorod, Russia (Diploma)
- Baltic International video competiton “Per Oktava” (I prize).
- International Sharpach guitar competition, Oberhausen, Germany (IV prize)
- International guitar cometiton «Eduard Pamfil», Bucharest, Romania (II prize)
In 2008 – 2010 attended masterclasses of A. Desiderio, M. Escarpa, M. Lewin, M. Dylla, T. Mueller-Pering, M. Socias.