Classical Guitar Competitions – Jury Regulations
5th Terra Siculorum International Classical Guitar Festival
16–22 April 2012
1. Candidates are given points from 0 to 100 according to these criteria of evaluation:
C1. The observance of the score: 15 points
C2. The stylistic realization: 20 points
C3. The quality of sound and technical accuracy: 20 points
C4. The difficulty and duration of the program: 20 points
C5. The artistic contribution, general performance and stage presence: 25 points
2. First prize is not divisible in the category IV. The organizer can decide if the other prizes can be divised.
3. Members of the jury cannot evaluate their own students or members of their families participating in the competition.
4. The jury has the right to interrupt a candidate if the candidate exceeds the time limit & if he/she is not sufficiently prepared, at the request of the President of the jury
5. Maximum 7 competitors from International guitar competition (category IV), which have won at least 80 points in the first stage, go to the final stage. When deciding the final score, the jury will consider the score from the first stage also.
6. Every jury member makes his own score list which it will be copied by the jury secretary, and not will be dictated by the jury members out loud.
7. After receiving all the points of all members of the jury, secretary of the jury makes the final score list – adds the points and writes the average score in the final scoring list. In the category IV in second stage if the jury is formed by more than 4 members, the jury secretary will eliminate the highest and the lowest marks.
8. At the end of the competition day the final lists of the competition will be announced by the alphabetical order.
9. In the end of competition every candidate will receive a score from each member of the jury.
10. The members of the jury will give advice to each participant after the closing of the competition.
11. The decision of the jury is final.