He was born in Győr, in 1978, and is said to be one of the most gifted talent of classical and – at the same time – jazz guitar as well.
He got his first guitar lessons at Pannonhalma, from his father actually. He continued his studies in Frankfurt am Main with Stephen Werner, and at the conservatory of Wien, under the guidance of Inge Scholl – Kremmel. In Hungary he was the pupil of Ede Róth, Iván Folk, Attila Reményi. He’s been studying recently at the Music University of Wien, in the artist group of Alvaro Pierri.
As an artist he recieved several prizes:
- 1989: International Guitar award Kutna-Hora, Czechia: 1st Place
- 1999: Yamaha International Guitar award, Wien – Austria: 1st Place
- 2000: International ’Attila Zoller’ Guitar award, Budapest – Hungary: 1st Place
- 2001: Sláger Rádió Award – Hungary
- 2002: Gábor Baross Award – Hungary
- 2003: Herbert von Karajan Scholarship – Austria
- 2004: Montreaux Jazz Guitar Award – Switzerland: 1st Place
- 2005: International Guitar Award, Weikersheim – Germany: 1st Place
- 2006: European Guitar Award, Dresden – Germany: 1st Place
Antal Pusztai is a popular and sought – after guitar artist of the classical and the jazz world at the same time, who’s been playing concerts all over the world from Europe via South-Corea to Columbia.